Private Tapas Tour of Barcelona
- More than a guide: Even by GoBe standards, this tour leader is special. Your "docent" (that's Latin for teacher) is a trained culinary expert or chef who will shepherd you to a string of tavernas and bodegas – even a hip Basque bar or two – in search of the ultimate Catalan "pica-pica" tapas-and-vermouth experience.
- Ample tastings: Hey, that's the whole point, right? You'll sample everything from olives, cheeses, and croquettes to bomba (potato balls with spicy meat), montaditos (pint-sized sandwiches), and daily specials the best chefs are dreaming up.
- Catalan classics: In a traditional-style bodega, get familiar with some regional basics, including ubiquitous pa amb tomaquet (tomato bread); you may even learn how to make your own. Meet friendly venue owners who are keeping the heritage recipes alive, while at the same time infusing them with cool new twists.
- Neighborhood hotspots: You docent knows them all, from "Quimet y Quimet," a fourth-generation family run maker of montaditos par excellence – to the latest, most cosmopolitan tavernas where food fusion is underway.
- Basque influences: You could find yourself at a hip Basque bar that serves up seasonal pintxos, a type of tapas on bread hailing from the opposite side of Spain, in a region that's rivaling Catalonia on the inventive contemporary food front.
- Vermouth!: Long a local favorite – and half of pica-pica's nibbles-with-a-kick formula, sweet Catalan vermouth over ice is enjoying a resurgence even outside Spain thanks to the ever-exploratory global craft cocktail movement.
- Your group, your tour: Your party of up to 6 can set your own pace to create a customized walk that's in step with your passions. Even its length – typically three hours – is flexible. Let your docent know about special likes or dietary situations.
Please meet your guide in front of the Hotel Millenni Ronda Sant Pau, 14 08001 Barcelona. The closest metro is the Paral.lel (serviced by lines L2 and L3). Exit for Ronda or Carrer Sant Pau, to Ronda Sant Pau and the hotel is one block on the right.
Purchase your Pica-Pica Tapas tastings during check-out, one per person. Yum!
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. In need of retail therapy after your tour? Your guide can advise you where to go in search of that "must have" souvenir to take home. Be sure to have some local currency and a backpack for all your great buys.
Plan to walk for approximately 2 miles at a gentle pace. This itinerary can be modified for your private group to accommodate wheelchairs and those with limited mobility. Let us know ahead of time at Hello@GoBe.com.
Walking Tour, Food & Wine, Family Friendly, Private Tour
Public transportation may be used from time to time. Have local currency available for tickets. Your tour may involve walking only.
Ph.D. or MA-level scholar guide
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages.
Special Medical Restriction
If you use a folding wheelchair, we'll do our best to accommodate you with at least 7 days of advanced notice, providing you have someone along to assist you. Email us at Hello@GoBe.com. Accessibility at all venues cannot be guaranteed.
If you have a food allergy, such as an allergy to nuts, please let us know in advance, Hello@GoBe.com. Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather. If you are running late , call to alert us.
Choose your date and time very carefully. Only a portion of this tour is refundable from the time of booking; within 72 hours of operation, it is fully non-refundable.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.