Private Tapas and Wine Tasting in Madrid
- Salud!: Ample tapas tastings of house specialties that may include boquerones (vinegar-marinated anchovies), pintxos from Basque, and jamon Iberico ("Iberian ham") from southwestern Spain. Toast beer and other accompanying libations.
- Historic tavernas: Visit two of Madrid's oldest traditional spots, authentic places where you'll delve into the basics, background, and folklore of tapas. Discover how classic dishes are prepared and why they're regional favorites.
- 21st-century trends: Branch out to modern tavernas to talk about – and taste – the distinction between this capital city's delicacies and country-wide customs. Explore new concepts like "miniature cuisine" and how tapas are evolving.
- Just like a Madrileno: Find out how to decode a challenging tapas menu the way a local can. Work your way from the most familiar dishes into connoisseur's fare.
- More than a guide: Be enlightened by a Ph.D.- or MA-level culinary expert, food writer, or chef, known officially by GoBe's Madrid travel partner as a "docent" (from the Latin for "teacher").
- Your group, your tour: This private experience lets you set the departure time and adapt to your party's preference. Plus, build a real rapport with your savvy guide.
Please make your way to the Starbucks coffee shop, located within the Westin Palace Hotel, at Plaza de las Cortes, 7, Madrid 28014, just a block from the Prado. Meet your guide just inside the doorway to the Starbucks, on the left.
Purchase your Tapas and Tavernas Tasting fee during check-out, one per person. Yum!
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. In need of retail therapy after your tour? Your guide can advise you where to go in search of that "must have" souvenir to take home. Be sure to have some local currency and a backpack for all your great buys.
Plan to walk for approximately 2 miles at a gentle pace. This itinerary can be modified for your private group to accommodate wheelchairs and those with limited mobility. Let us know ahead of time at Hello@GoBe.com.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Food & Wine, Family Friendly, Private Tour
Public transportation may be used from time to time. Have local currency available for tickets. Your tour may involve walking only.
Ph.D. or MA-level scholar guide
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages.
Special Medical Restriction
If you use a folding wheelchair, we'll do our best to accommodate you with at least 7 days advanced notice, providing you have someone along to assist you. Email us at Hello@GoBe.com. Accessibility at all venues cannot be guaranteed.
If you have a food allergy, such as an allergy to nuts, please let us know in advance, Hello@GoBe.com. Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather. If you are running late, call to alert us.
Choose your date and time very carefully. Only a portion of this tour is refundable from the time of booking; within 72 hours of operation, it is fully non-refundable.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.