Private Guided Tour: See Istanbul Your Way
- Your personal GoBe guide: Rely on an experienced, English-speaking guide to interpret this melting pot of cultures and give your tour the flavor you're seeking.
- GoBe can help plan: Let GoBe guide you through this massive and culturally rich city. Visit 15th-century Topkapi Palace, the Blue Mosque, and other iconic sights around Sultanahmet Square, or hear stories of old Constantinople in the shadow of ancient city walls. Venture into Bohemian quarters, get scrubbed down in a hamam (Turkish bath), or learn about modern life from your guide as you sip cay in a traditional tea garden or sample the explosive flavors of Turkish cuisine.
- Skip the lines: You get into top sights quickly as we speed you to the front of the line at the magnificent, must-see Hagia Sophia museum, originally commissioned by the great Byzantine emperor Justinian. Your guide can also help navigate the treasure trove of exhibits at the Istanbul Archaeology Museums, the Istanbul Modern, the Museum of Great Palace Mosaics, and many more cultural gems.
- The inside scoop: The Grand Bazaar has 5,000 shops, so allow your guide to steer you through this labyrinth to bargain for jewelry, ceramics, leather, antiques, or whatever you're after. There's nothing like this market on the planet. Don't miss it.
- Your schedule, rendezvous to toodle-oo: Choose the time of day and length of your tour. Meet up when it's convenient for you. And you set the pace that works for your group.
- Your way: Explore the city on foot or hop on public transport. Cruise along the Bosphorus with your guide to the scenic Princes Islands, or catch sights within this large city like Chora Church, the Spice Market, and Galata Tower. With 48 hours' notice, GoBe can arrange for a car, van, or mini-bus for your group.
No headsets, no hassles – just you with your own GoBe guide. Now you can Keep Calm and Tour On.
Arriving by cruise ship? Our GoBe representative will meet you on the pier. Staying in hotel? Your guide will be waiting in the lobby. Make sure you specify the name of your cruise ship or hotel at check out. At the meeting time, look for our logo sign.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. Istanbul can get hot and steamy but remember to dress modestly and bring something to cover knees and shoulders for visits to religious sites. Have some specific ideas in mind or just want a general overview of the city? Let us know in Additional Requests at check out. Discuss your wishes for the day's itinerary with your guide. Or let your guide make recommendations. Then set out and explore.
Plan to do a lot of walking if you wish to explore Istanbul fully and expect some uneven walkways, steps and some hills (some are steep). Most of the major sites have ramps but may not be fully accessible. Bring a companion to offer any assistance.
Private Tour, Walking Tour, Luxury, Family Friendly
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.