Istanbul Self-Guided Audio Tour
- Hagia Sophia: Before it became a mosque in 1453, it was the world's largest cathedral for more than nine centuries. Its engineering and artistic wonders – towering minarets, domed ceilings, and stunning mosaics leave you breathless.
- Topkapi Palace: Take in the splendor and sheer scale of this lavish imperial complex, home to Ottoman bureaucrats, lusty sultans, and perfumed concubines for nearly 500 years of Ottoman rule. Marvel at opulent pavilions, golden mosaics, and other treasures.
- The Hippodrome: Your audio commentary will help you envision the careening chariots that once raced around a 1,500-foot-long oval to the roar of 100,000 spectators, built under Constantine the Great in the 4th century. See the Serpentine Column, the Walled Obelisk, and the Statues of Porphyrios.
- More to see and do: Visit the Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum, Great Palace Mosaic Museum, and Archeology Museum; marvel at the below-ground reservoir known as the Basilica Cistern, built in 532 with 332 marble columns that made it as grand as the church above.
- Easy and inexpensive: Your confirmation email includes a one-time download link for an audio tour and corresponding numbered map. Just put on your headphones and hit play – each attraction is a separate track, so you set the pace.
- Blue Mosque: The former Sultan Ahmed Mosque is now named after the color of its huge domed ceilings and floor-to-ceiling mosaics made of tens of thousands of Iznik tiles. It has the biggest courtyard of any Ottoman mosque, 260 windows, and a vast prayer area.
Please make your way to the Archaeology Museum. Your audio tour begins here. Consult the downloadable map that will be on your booking confirmation voucher and listen to the audio for more detail.
Be sure to bring spending money; venue entrance fees are not included. When entering a mosque everyone must remove their shoes.
This 5.5-mile audio walking tour covers mostly flat to moderate incline terrain with occasional steps that are optional; you can skip a particular tour stop very easily.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
There is no age restriction; the audio tour may be more suitable for travelers 12 years and older.
This tour is non-refundable from the time of purchase, unless a validated technical error occurs.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.