Private Walking Tour of Old Montreal with Historian
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- More than a guide: Your tour is led by a local historian with a deep knowledge of the city and forces that shaped its development as a cultural center of Canada.
- Your group, your tour: This private experience allows you to choose the departure time, length, and route, to customize a walk that matches your group’s interests.
- Place d’Armes: This cobblestone plaza spreads outward from a massive monument of city founder Paul Chomedey de Maisonneuve and is surrounded by the capital’s most prominent historic buildings.
- Rue Saint-Jacques: Known in English as “St. James Street,” this avenue is lined by lavish late 19th and early 20th-century neoclassical structures, built when this street was the financial capital of the entire country.
- Notre-Dame Basilica: This 19th-century church is known for its Gothic flair, twin bell towers, and massive size - it was the largest church in North America for more than 50 years after its construction.
Please meet at the entrance of the Pointe-a-Calliere Museum of Archeology and History, located at 350 Place Royale. Please meet at the sculpture of an overturned vessel lying next to a column in front of the entrance to the museum, titled "Entre Nous."
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind.
Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather.
If you are running late for your meeting with our guide, we ask that you call to alert us so that we can relay the message to the guide.
Buildings, museums, streets, and monuments can sometimes close without notice due to labor strikes, structural problems, or other civic disturbances.
The docent who leads a given walk may become unavailable at the last minute due to illness or other unforeseen circumstance. In these cases we will seek to re-organize the walk to accommodate the change; however, our responsibility in these cases is limited and we cannot be held liable for circumstances beyond our control.
Plan to walk for approximately 2 miles at a gentle pace. This itinerary can be modified for your private group to accommodate wheelchairs and those with limited mobility. Let us know ahead of time at Hello@GoBe.com.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Private Tour
Public transportation may be used from time to time. Have local currency available for tickets. Your tour may involve walking only.
Ph.D. or MA-level scholar guide
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages. Traveling with children 12 years of age and younger? Tell us their ages and interests during the booking process so we can match you with the best guide.
Special Medical Restriction
If you use a folding wheelchair, we'll do our best to accommodate you with at least 7 days� advanced notice, providing you have someone along to assist you. Email us at Hello@GoBe.com. Accessibility at all venues cannot be guaranteed.
Walks are held rain or shine with some variations to accommodate the weather. If you are running late for your meeting with our guide, we ask that you call to alert us so that we can relay the message to the guide.
Choose your date and time very carefully. Only a portion of this tour is refundable from the time of booking; within 72 hours of operation, it is fully non-refundable.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.