We'll do our very best to ensure you'll GoBe an explorer in Alaska. Please note there is very limited space available on this tour and all reservations must be reconfirmed. Thanks for your understanding.
Guided Sightseeing Train Tour: Fairbanks to Anchorage
Fairbanks, Alaska, USA
- Wilderness Express: Luxurious, two-story rail cars traveling on the Alaska Railroad transport you in style and comfort, offering leather, forward-facing seats with power ports and the best views of Alaska's small towns and picturesque wilderness through a glass dome.
- Local experience: Get immersed in the local culture with regional food and drink selections (available for purchase) as well Native Alaskan artwork on display.
- Guided tour: You'll discover the highlights and history of the area as you view the breathtaking wilderness outside your window with your professional and personable crew narrating the story.
- Chugach Mountains: Home to Alaska's most-climbed mountain and popular trailheads, this range is a magnet for hiking, rafting, biking, off-roading, kayaking, and fishing locals.
- Knik River: With Knik Glacier as its source, this mighty river flows 25 miles to Cook Inlet. The name Knik comes from the Inupiaq word for fire (igniq).
- Wasilla: Originally established as a farming community, this small town is still an agricultural hub and probably best known as the hometown of a certain moose-hunting former Vice Presidential candidate.
- Susitna River: Winding 313 miles through south-central Alaska from the Susitna Glacier to Cook Inlet, this body of rushing water clocks in as the nation's 15th largest river.
- Talkeetna: This tiny town is so quirky and funky, rumor has it that Talkeetna served as inspiration for the fictional Cicely in the popular 90s sitcom, Northern Exposure.
- Hurricane Gulch: Hope you're not afraid of heights, because your train crosses this creek on a 296 foot-high rail bridge, giving you a bird's-eye view of the wild surroundings.
- Broad Pass: At 2,300 feet, this is the lowest pass through the Alaska Range so you can choo-choo on your merry way.
- Nenana River & Canyon: In a 3,000 foot-deep canyon, this glacially-fed river boasts both Class III and IV rapids. With names like Iceworm, Cable Car, Razor Back, and Royal Flush, you know the whitewater views will be spectacular.
- Denali: North America's tallest summit (known as Mt. McKinley from 1917 to 2015) has reclaimed its original name, which means "the high one" or "the great one." No matter what you call it, the distant view you could catch of the 20,000+ foot-high peak on a clear day will likely leave you speechless.
Please make your way to the Wilderness Express table inside the Depot at 1745 Johansen Expressway, Fairbanks.
Food and Beverage service onboard is an enjoyable experience and is provided at an additional cost. You are encouraged to visit the dining room during your time onboard and enjoy the menu that highlights local products. The train is a full service restaurant; please refrain from bringing outside food & beverages on board.
A full service no-host bar is located in the dome with prices ranging $2-10. Meals and desserts are available in the dining room, prices ranging $8-29.
This is a 'cash-less' train & all purchases require a major debit/credit card (gift cards are not accepted).
Railcars utilize stools and steps to board train as well as to travel between upper and lower levels. Each train car is equipment with elevators and lifts for travelers with limited mobility and/or wheelchairs (ADA Accessible).
Scenic, Family Friendly, Wilderness/Wildlife
80-seat 2 story glass dome railcars; 80 all-leather seats upstairs with tray table and power port. Lower level provides viewing platform, restrooms, and dining room.
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Suitable for all ages.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.