We'll do our very best to ensure you'll GoBe an explorer in Alaska. Please note there is very limited space available on this tour and all reservations must be reconfirmed. Thanks for your understanding.
Private Tour: Takshanuk Mountain by 4 x 4 Vehicle with Lunch Included
Haines, Alaska, USA
- Takshanuk Mountain: See views usually reserved for pilots and air passengers. Our trailhead ends at a 1,500 feet elevation at an overlook of Chilkoot Lake and Upper Lynn Canal, North America’s longest and deepest fjord.
- Put yourself in the driver’s seat: Take the wheel and be a bona fide high roller. You’ll have a 360-degree view of the trail while driving your personal utility vehicle. Wear flat, non-slip soled shoes and have your driver’s license handy to prove that you are over 21 if you plan to drive.
- Hold on to your hat: Jostling is part of the joy of 4 x 4 riding. Our climb does not follow well-worn paths. Your guide will lead you along rambling trails to the best vantage points for photographs and observing your surroundings. Layered dressing is recommended.
- Kawasaki Mules: Reach out and touch the scenery from the Mule’s open cabin. The Mules were chosen for their rugged disposition and their reputation for reliability. Each Mule seats 4 adults and carries up to 1,300 pounds. There will be a safety demonstration prior to starting our journey.
- Takshanuk Mountain Trail Lodge: Our lunch will be served at 11,000 feet elevation at an authentic mountain lodge and restaurant. Smoked chicken, battered halibut, cabbage salad, roasted potatoes, fruit salad, coffee, tea, lemonade, water is a typical menu. (Meal and beverage price included.)
- Photo opps and photo stops: There will be 2 stops during the 3.75-hour drive. Our first stop occurs 2 hours into our adventure. Our last stop and ending point will be a scenic overlook plateau. Minimal walking is required.
- Bring the little ones: This exciting tour is suitable for children. Please make sure they are secured in your vehicle when we are in motion.
- Totally Private: Hey, we love group tours. But we know sometimes you want to explore with just your friends and family. Customized to fit your whole crew - just let us know if you want to invite more peeps.
Please make your way to 7 Mile Lutak Road (2 miles past the Ferry Terminal), Haines.
You must be at least 21 years old and possess a valid driver's license to drive equipment.
This tour involves a minimal amount of walking and is suitable for travelers with limited mobility, able to get in and out of the vehicle without assistance or with the aid of a traveling companion. It is not wheelchair accessible.
Private Tour, Adventure, Family Friendly, Scenic
5-seat Kawasaki MULE 3010 utility vehicle
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages, however you must be at least 21 years old and possess a valid driver's license to drive the vehicle.
Maximum weight per person is 325 lbs. Vehicles can hold a maximum of 1300 lbs.
Special Medical Restriction
Travelers with back injuries or are pregnant should consult their doctor before participating.
Non-refundable if canceled within 24 hours of requested services.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.