Blue Skies of Oahu by Helicopter
Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, USA
- Expert-led tour: Your highly-knowledgeable and experienced pilot will provide you with an engaging and informative narration aboard the Eco-Star, a state-of-the-art helicopter that guarantees a smooth, quiet, and enjoyable experience.
- Amazing aerial scenery: You’ll enjoy spectacular and unforgettable views of legendary Chinaman's Hat and the beautiful coral formations in Kaneohe Bay. You'll also soar over the cliffs of the Nuuanu Valley rainforest, then fly along the breathtaking coastline to legendary Sacred Falls, and later enjoy panoramic views of the Dole Pineapple Plantation–so make sure to have your camera ready!
- Waikiki Beach: It’s considered one of the most famous beaches in the world. The birthplace of modern surfing, this iconic stretch of sand helped launch the worldwide surfing craze. It’s also home to Diamond Head crater, one of Hawaii’s most recognized icons.
- Hanauma Bay: Swoop over the azure waters of gorgeous, crescent-shaped Hanauma Bay, which is known as one of the world’s premier snorkeling sites. This crescent-shaped bay is also home to a diverse population of fish. See if you can spot any from above!
- Historic Pearl Harbor: You’ll sweep over the USS Arizona Memorial and the USS Battleship Missouri Memorial, two locations dedicated to honoring the memory of the brave men and women who fought and served so gallantly on the infamous day that was December 7, 1941.
About this Honolulu, Hawaii tour
Referred to by the locals as Lahi, Hawaiian for "brow of the tuna," the distinctive shape of Diamond Head defines the southern horizon for residents and visitors of nearby Honolulu and Waikiki Beach. While there are numerous ways to get to the top of the summit, none is as more exciting than a helicopter ride that explores all the best that Oahu has to offer on the way.
As you fly towards the extinct volcanic crater of Diamond Head, Waikiki Beach lies directly below your flight path, and that viewpoint makes it easy to see why many consider it one of the most famous 2-mile stretches of beach in the world.
Circling Lahi's crater, you will get a real feel for the explosive power that created this iconic Hawaiian monument over 300,000 years ago. The crater's symmetry suggests that the eruption was quick, and was over in as few as a couple of days, but the volcanic blast got a lot of geological bang for its buck. The explosion also created such Oahu landmarks like Punchbowl crater, Koko Head, Manana Island, and the crescent-shaped snorkeling paradise known as Hanauma Bay.
You won't have to imagine those seismographic effects, however, because the pilot of your Eco-Star copter will soon be heading eastward to continue your aerial tour passing by each of these highlights.
After skirting the coastline as far as Káne'ohe Bay, you will turn inland for a flight over the Nuuana Valley Rainforest and its magnificent Sacred Falls, before ending your tour with an overpass of historic Pearl Harbor. In addition to the solemn USS Arizona Monument that symbolizes the sacrifices made on that "Day of Infamy", the USS Missouri sits moored just 500-yards away as a reminder of the eventual victory that came from that surprise attack on December 7, 1941.
The Gathering Place
Oahu, the third-largest Hawaiian island, is home to a tremendous amount of majestic natural beauty, thus making it the most visited of all the Hawaiian Islands! On your helicopter ride, you’ll see everything from waterfalls to valleys to rainforests. It’s also referred to as “The Gathering Place,” making it the home to the majority of Hawaii’s diverse population. Whether you’re looking to hike a lush mountain, unwind at a sandy beach, or simply take in the views from above, Oahu has something for you at every turn.
Please make your way to the Helicopter base at 99 Kaulele Place, Honolulu, HI 96819 to meet our representatives.
Transport to the Heliport is not included. A cab ride will be approximately $30.00 each way. Please check in 45 minutes prior to your departure time
As a courtesy to all travelers we do not allow iPads or other tablet PCs for use as photographic devices, as they can impede the view of other passengers. Smartphones may be used as a camera, but will need to be put it in airplane mode during the flight. GoPro® are welcomed on board as hand-held devices, but extending accessories/attachment handles are not permitted.
ADA Accessible with limited mobility lift.
Air Tour, Scenic, Cultural, Adventure, Family Friendly
Eco-Star helicopters with BOSE noise cancelling headsets and 2-way communication with pilot. All frontward facing seats with no center partitions. Mini-coach used for roundtrip transfers from port.
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Suitable for all ages. Children under age 2 years are allowed to sit on an adult's lap at no additional charge. However, children that have reached their second birthday are required to have a seat of their own per FAA requirements.
All names & weights are required 24 hrs prior to flight time. Anyone over 260 lbs. is required to purchase a comfort seat (additional adjacent seat) at additional surcharge payable to operator. To ensure space let us know if you will need an extra seat.
Special Medical Restriction
Oxygen Tanks, and O2 recyclers/generators of any kind are not permitted on board. Guests are welcome to leave their O2 providers behind in a secure office location during their flight.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.