Oahu Grand Circle Island Tour with Dole Plantation
Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, USA
- Natural wonders: Hop on this 120-mile tour to discover the laid-back atmosphere at North Shore Surf beach that made Hawaii famous as a surfing haven for its alluring 30-feet waves. Then, explore the volcanic tuff more well-known as Diamond Head, the marine life at Hanauma Bay and the beautiful scenery surrounding the Halona Blowhole.
- Learn about Oahu’s past and present: Visit the Byodo-In Temple, a replica of the UNESCO World Heritage Site in Kyoto, Japan, built to honor Japanese immigrants on the island. Then, fastforward in time to present-day to explore the 4,000 acres of Hawaii’s most famous ranch, dubbed “Hollywood’s Back Lot” because of the more than 50 movies and TV shows filmed there.
- Dole Plantation: Trace the development of the Dole Plantation from a modest fruit stand to the most popular name in the pineapple biz; and don’t forget to cool down with their famous pineapple whip while you’re there!
- Bring the little ones: Children 2 and under are free and don’t require a reservation.
- Hotel pick-up included: We'll come get you from select Waikiki hotels.
About this Honolulu tour
Known as "The Gathering Place," Oahu served as the cultural, political, and economic center of the Hawaiian Kingdom, and its beautiful beaches, incredible views, and rich history continue to draw thousands of visitors each year. Your tour will bring you to see the iconic vistas of Oahu, including the famous North Shore surf beaches, Diamond Head's distinctive silhouette, world famous Kualoa Ranch, and the historic Dole Plantation.
Whether you are contemplating a pineapple upside-down cake or you have a ham in need of dressing, pineapples can't be far from your mind, and nobody does pineapples better than Hawaii's iconic Dole Plantation. The plantation has a rich historical tradition that's entwined with the history of Oahu. Explore that history and discover the unrivaled beauty of Hawaii's native plants with a stroll through Dole's Pineapple Garden Maze.
Formed from 14,000 tropical flowers, the Pineapple Garden Maze is an enchanting world that both delights and beguiles. Tapped as the world's largest maze by the Guinness Book of World Records in 2008, the course sprawls over a three-acre area comprising two-and-a-half miles of lush tropical scenery.
Finally, to culminate your 120-mile long Oahu Grand Circle Island Tour, you will cruise through Honolulu's swanky Kahala residential neighborhood, which features some of the most magnificent pieces of property in the state, and marvel at the views offered by Makupu'u Lighthouse Point before touring the Byodo-In Temple with its picturesque mountain setting.
You don’t have to be religious to appreciate this non-practicing Buddhist Temple, but it makes for the perfect end on this adventure so you can meditate, reflect or simply take in the view.
When tariffs toppled a queen
James Dole took the pineapple industry by storm after moving to Hawaii, and establishing the Hawaiian Pineapple Company in 1899 – five years after the toppling of the Hawaiian monarchy. The efforts to subvert America's only Royal Family were not cloaked in inspiring rhetoric like the American Revolution; it was a ham-fisted effort to remove high import tariffs that made Hawaiian products, such as pineapples, unprofitable to sell.
Pick-up is included from select downtown hotels. Please specify your hotel name and location during check-out. If you're hotel is not included in the route, the nearest pick-up point will be given.
Bring local currency and a bag for any additional purchases or souvenirs.
There is a moderate amount of walking on this tour, some over uneven ground, with steps.
Full Day, Bus Tour, Cultural, Scenic, Shopping
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.