We'll do our very best to ensure you'll GoBe an explorer in Alaska. Please note there is very limited space available on this tour and all reservations must be reconfirmed. Thanks for your understanding.
Private Seaplane Tour Adventure: Misty Fjords
Ketchikan, Alaska USA
- Misty Fjords National Monument: The stirring beauty of this 2.3-million-acre wilderness includes majestic fjords, cascading waterfalls, and alpine lakes.
- De Havilland floatplane: Experience classic Alaskan travel, fantastic views from your window seat, and the adventure of stepping onto the pontoon when you land.
- Wildlife: Be on the lookout for bears, wolves, moose, deer, mountain goats, eagles, and other wildlife that make their home in the majestic "Mistys." Your airborne vantage point gives you the best chance of spotting one of these animals.
- Guided tour: Hear descriptions, the pilot's anecdotes, and music through noise-cancelling headsets as you follow the route on a detailed map and guide.
- Totally Private: Hey we love group tours. But we know sometimes you want to explore with just your friends and family. You can choose your own private seaplane that seats a maximum of either 6 or 10 of your peeps.
About This Ketchikan Tour
Tongass National Forest, the large national park that encompasses the Misty Fjords region, is one of the most serene, postcard-worthy landscapes in the entire country. Problem is, the glacial inlets and dense forests make it a little hard to reach by conventional means.
Enter the DeHavilland Alaskan floatplane. On this nimble craft you’ll soar over, through, and around the gorgeous remote wilderness, one of the few places on Earth still almost completely undisturbed by human interaction. Endless rows of deep green cedar and spruce trees are interrupted only by tranquil lakes and rolling fields. Puffy wisps of condensation hang all around you, an ever-present reminder of how Misty Fjords got its name.
On this adventure, you don’t just see Misty Fjords from among the clouds. Your pilot touches down on the surface of a lake or fjord, allowing you to take in the magnitude of the sloping mountains, ashen cliffs, and epic waterfalls of a thousand feet or more. You can even get out and stand on one of the plane’s floats for a truly panoramic experience. The terrain you'll explore is majestic, massive, and diverse in its elegance.
Please make your way to the Ketchikan Visitors Bureau (KVB) at 131 Front St, Ketchikan, AK 99901 to begin your adventure.
Carry-on bags are not allowed on the aircraft due to space limitations. Storage is available at the floatplane base if needed.
Travelers must be able to climb steps into aircraft. Ramps to/from the floatplane dock can be steep with the varying tides.
Air Tour, Scenic, Private Tour, Family Friendly, Wilderness/Wildlife
10-seater DeHavilland Turbine Otter & 6-seater DeHavilland Beaver.
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Suitable for all ages.
Travelers under age of 2 must sit on the lap of an adult or pay for a full seat.
Non-refundable if canceled within 48 hours of requested services.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.