San Diego Zoo Safari Park
San Diego, California, USA
- Skip the line: Skip the hassle with pre-purchased tickets, and go directly to the gate! Your ticket is valid on all Safari Park operating days and times, and includes entrance to all shows and exhibits, and tram rides. Now, that’s what we call pawsitively purrrfect!
- Roaring savings: We at GoBe are wild about saving you money, and offer the most cost-effective Safari Park tickets around with no hidden fees attached. Animals won’t be the only things you’ll be conserving!
- Bring the little ones: Tour is suitable for all ages; children 2 and under participate free of charge.
- Exotic wildlife: San Diego Safari Park is home to more than 3,500 rare and exotic animals. And, unlike any other zoo, hundreds of these animals roam freely together–surely making you feel as if you are truly in the vast open plains of Africa and Asia. The photo ops are endless.
- Guided Africa Tram Safari: Embark on an exciting expedition and connect with the animals on a closer level! Your comical and expert guide will fill you with fascinating knowledge on Africa’s diverse wildlife as you pass through gazelles, rhinos, Uganda giraffes, and southern white rhinos.
- Have you "Herd" with Robert the Zebra: Children will absolutely love this engaging and interactive animated show. Robert will ask questions, speak about zebra life, and crack jokes. Chats with this comical, digital zebra occur in the in the Park's Discovery Station Amphitheater.
- Shiley's Cheetah Run: Witness in awe as the fastest land mammal races on a straight 330-foot-long track and reaches an incredible speed of 70 miles per hour, in just 4 seconds!
- Frequent Flyers Bird Show: Look, up in the sky! It’s a bird–and most definitely not a plane. Watch with delight as birds of various species show off their flying talent–with many soaring right over the audience. The feathered fun happens in the Bird Show amphitheater between Gorilla Forest and African Woods.
- Tiger keeper talk: Learn all you ever wanted to know about Sumatran tigers from the expert zookeepers. Talks occur at the Sambutan Longhouse in Tiger Trail, daily at 11:45am.
- Savanna Cool Zone: The African Savannah can get pretty hot–and this is the perfect way to cool off! Enjoy a gentle mist as you trek through Safari Park.
About this San Diego, California tour
This safari adventure takes you across the African continent and to the African Plains, where you'll spot rhinos, antelope, giraffes, zebras, and vultures. In the African Woods, you'll find a long-necked gazelle and a short-necked giraffe. There are warthogs, cheetah, and hornbills in the African Outpost; lions, gorillas, tigers, and elephants rule their own little animal kingdoms.
At the Asian Savanna, you'll see the rare Arabian oryx, camels, the Greater One-horned Rhino, wild cattle, and a dozen or so Przewalski's horses. You'll also have the chance to get up close and personal with lemurs, lorikeets, goats, and other creatures at petting stations and animal encounters.
While your Safari Park adventure is sure to be fun-filled, there's a take-home to be had here: conservation. By the time you leave the park, you'll understand better than ever why we need to protect these wild creatures and the places where they live.
A conservation success story
Back in 1980, the California condor seemed doomed to extinction. But the Safari Park partnered with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to prevent that by taking the last 22 wild condors into captivity. A breeding program was put into overdrive by removing the first egg from the nest, causing the female to lay a second. The first hatchling was raised by a condor hand puppet (to prevent human imprinting) while the second was raised by its parents. Today, the condor population numbers around 400, more than half flying free in the wild.
Please make your way to 15500 San Pasqual Valley Rd. Escondido, CA 92027.
Rentals: Strollers, lockers, and motorized wheelchairs are available for rent on a first-come, first-served basis near the entrance. Prices: strollers, $10; double strollers, $15; wheelchairs, $10; electric scooters $35 (membership number or state identification card number is required).
A special information packet is available at all ticket windows. Written scripts for tours and shows are available for the hearing impaired, and provide complimentary admission is provided to the assistant of the visually impaired.
Walk as much or as little as you wish, at your pace. This experience is not 100% wheelchair accessible.
Adventure, Family Friendly, Scenic, Wilderness/Wildlife
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.