San Francisco Wine Country Sightseeing Tour
San Francisco, California, USA
- Sonoma: Enjoy sampling a glass or two at Nicholson Ranch Winery, where you’ll discover that their naturally-harvested grapes are carefully aged in French oak barrels for three years.
- Napa Valley: Home to renowned vineyards, you’ll tour the exclusive Madonna Estate, where four generations of the Bartolucci family have cultivated grapes. You’ll also visit the quaint grounds of Sutter Home Winery, known for their high-quality wines at affordable prices.
- Winery 101: With an expert guide, you’ll learn the region’s history as a premier wine producer, dating back to the era of Spanish missionaries who brought grapevines from Europe. You’ll also observe how grapes are delicately selected, crushed, blended, and bottled for optimal flavor.
- Dining option: Although lunch is not included as part of your tour, you’ll have time to enjoy a delicious meal at V Marketplace in Yountville.
- Transportation included: For your convenience, you’ll be selected from and dropped off at your San Francisco hotel.
About this San Francisco, California tour
The state of California produces 90 percent of the wine in the United States, and a vast majority of it comes from right here in the Napa and Sonoma Valleys. There are over 600 wineries between these two leading wine regions, which produce the grapes that turn into fine chardonnays, merlots, and pinot noirs on dinner tables all over the world.
You'll find that there's much more than just grapes to be seen here, however. Wine country is also home to rolling hills, peaceful lakes, and picturesque meadows–and this extended sightseeing tour gives you plenty of time to take it all in.
Dining in wine country is an event in its own right. The same Mediterranean climate that's ideal for grapes is perfect for all types of fresh ingredients, attracting chefs of the highest caliber from all over the world. From delectable paninis to savory, European-style chocolates, a vast array of dining options give even the pickiest palates something to write home about.
Grapes of math
California's 600+ wineries and vineyards add up to a little more than half a million acres, which sounds like a lot but is only about one percent of the state's land mass. Yet two out of every three bottles of wine sold in the United States originate here. In fact, the Golden State is the world's fourth wine producer, after France, Italy, and Spain.
Main departure -Union Square/Downtown San Francisco-478 Post St. (between Mason & Powell St) across the street from the Westin St. Francis Hotel. OR shuttle from Fisherman's Wharf location 30 minutes earlier -2800 Leavenworth in the Anchorage Square building at the Corner of Leavenworth & Jefferson St.
Lunch opportunities (not included) abound at either Sonoma's historic Town Square or Yountville's rustic Vintage 1870 - a collection of 30 specialty shops and galleries.
The tour involves a moderate amount of walking over uneven ground and some steps. This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Bus Tour, Cultural, Full Day, Food and Wine
Beverages - Wine Tasting
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for all ages. Children 4 years and younger are free of charge. You must be 21 years of age or older to buy/drink alcoholic beverages.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.