We'll do our very best to ensure you'll GoBe an explorer in Alaska. Please note there is very limited space available on this tour and all reservations must be reconfirmed. Thanks for your understanding.
Seward to Anchorage Transfer & Tour: Scenic Route & Lunch Included
Seward, Alaska, USA
- Guided motor coach ride: Travel from Seward to Anchorage by air-conditioned motor coach. Along the way, enjoy breathtaking scenery and humorous commentary from your highly-knowledgeable tour guide.
- Exit Glacier: One of the few glaciers in the world you can walk up to. The gorgeous blue-white sheets and faint crackling of the shifting ice at this national monument make for a breathtaking experience.
- Moose Pass and Turnagain Pass: As you leave Seward and head north, you’ll pass through the community of Moose Pass, known for its gorgeous alpine scenery, as well as Turnagain–the highest point on the Seward highway.
- Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center: Explore this spacious wildlife preserve, where 140 acres are dedicated to creating a habitat for rescued animals, including brown bears, bull moose, bison, owls, and more.
- Aerial tram ride to Mt. Alyeska: The longest double black diamond ski slope in North America offers top-caliber views of glaciers, rainforests, and the jagged horizon of the Alaskan wilderness.
- Roundhouse Museum: Available for visit on select days, this mountainside museum located at teh top of Mt. Alyeska's tramway features an outstanding panoramic viewing deck for truly memorable Alaskan views.
- Meals included: Your excursion makes a pit stop at the charming town of Girdwood, where you’ll enjoy a hearty lunch of bottomless soup, sourdough bread, beverages, and dessert.
- Bring the little ones: Tour is suitable for children of all ages.
About This Seward Tour
The journey from Seward to Anchorage is around two and a half hours by car. It’s a nice enough drive on its own, but when you’re passing through one of the most gorgeous tracts of land in the state, why not take advantage?
We’ll help you do just that on this experience, which transfers you from your port at Seward to Alaska’s largest city in style. Your first stop after pickup is just north of the starting point at Exit Glacier, a massive blue ice sheet accessible by a moderate trail. Next is a visit to Alaska’s Wildlife Conservation Center, a preserve for a wide range of rescued animals including eagles, bears, moose, elk, and more. You’ll get the chance to safely observe and photograph these elegant creatures in their natural habitat.
From there it’s on to lunch in the small mountain town of Girdwood, a resort enclave nestled in the shadow of Mount Alyeska. After refueling with hearty soup, bread, and dessert, you can drink in the gorgeous views as you board a tram and climb over 2,700 feet up into the picturesque Chugach mountain range.
Sure, you could take a normal car or bus trip from Seward to Anchorage, but in a state known for lush forests and majestic mountains, why waste a perfectly good adventure – especially when it’s already planned and arranged for you?
Our GoBe representative will meet you at the Seward Cruise Ship Terminal. Make sure you specify the name of your cruise ship at checkout.
Your tour includes luggage transport, so bring all your cruise luggage with you.
There are some great views seen along your drive. If taking pictures from the vehicle, turn your flash off, set your camera on manual focus, use the fastest shutter speed possible, and zoom as far as you can.
You must be able to step into and out of the mini coach without assistance and walk over relatively level surfaces with some steps. There is an optional 0.25 mile flat paved path at Exit Glacier.
Bus Tour, Scenic, Cultural, Family Friendly, Wilderness/Wildlife
15-seat Mini Coach. Alaska Car Seat Laws apply: parents are responsible for properly restraining children according to Alaska Car Seat Laws.
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Suitable for all ages.
Non-refundable if canceled within 14 days of requested services.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.