We'll do our very best to ensure you'll GoBe an explorer in Alaska. Please note there is very limited space available on this tour and all reservations must be reconfirmed. Thanks for your understanding.
Legends & Lies: A Gold Rush Saloon Experience
Skagway, Alaska, USA
- A bonafide boomtown joint: In the 1890s, Skagway boasted 80 saloons serving a 10-block-long town. It was a place to get news, boast about rich strikes, play cards, make deals, and find companionship – especially of the female variety. An artful blend of theater, interactive song, food, and drink keeps the Gold Rush of 1898 alive and well.
- Girls and games: Watch seasoned con-men practice their legendary “short-con” games like Three Card Monte, hoping to pry some of that newfound loot out of unsuspecting hands. Just be sure to hold onto your own stake.
- Belly up to the bar: With the rollicking melodies of old-time upright piano in the background, chat up the barman (or lady) and learn the secret of the free pour –accurate measuring without a shot glass. Even craft your own Stampeder Libation with period ingredients; both alcoholic and non- are poured around here.
- Meet the cast: Not only will you enjoy the show, but you may also engage in casual pre- and post-production conversation with the Saloon Room's cast of character actors.
- Vittles and swigs: The food you'll be served here is antique fusion: half Alaska Gold Rush, half…something far more modern. Nibble on salmon quesadillas, reindeer pigs-in-blankets, rhubarb salsa, chips, and mini halibut cakes. Consenting adults can enjoy two crafted cocktails and a local beer tasting. Anyone can enjoy a shrub, a PG-rated "drinking vinegar" concoction from prohibition times.
Make your way to the lobby of the Historic Skagway Inn, located at 7th & Broadway (about 0.75 miles from the docks). You can also arrive on the Skagway Smart Shuttle ($2.00 per person), getting off at City Hall, walking one block west along 7th Ave.
In need of retail therapy after your tour? Your guide can advise you where to go in search of that "must have" souvenir to take home.
Little walking is involved but you will have to stand at times. This tour is suitable for persons with limited mobility, able to get on and off the transportation without assistance or with the aid of a traveling companion.
Food & Wine, Cultural
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Travelers must be 16 years of age or older to participate in this tour. Under 21 years old? You must be accompanied by a parent and you won't be able to sample alcohol on this tour.
Non-refundable if canceled within 24 hours of requested services.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.