Whittier to Anchorage Transfer and Tour with Lunch
Whittier, Alaska, USA
- Guided motor coach ride: Travel from Whittier to Anchorage by air-conditioned motor coach. Along the way, enjoy breathtaking scenery and humorous commentary from your highly-knowledgeable tour guide.
- Anton Anderson Memorial Tunnel: Your adventure begins with a ride through the longest one-way train and vehicle tunnel in North America! Located just 50 miles southeast of Anchorage, the tunnel connects the port city of Whittier to the Seward Highway and Southcentral Alaska.
- Portage Valley: Next, you will drive through the beautifully scenic area of Portage valley–home to hanging glaciers and picturesque alpine scenery. Plus, depending on the season, you may even get to spot salmon as they complete their lifecycle and spawn in one of the valley’s rivers.
- Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center: Explore this spacious wildlife preserve, where 140 acres are dedicated to creating a habitat for rescued wildlife including brown bears, bull moose, bison, owls, and much more!
- Arial tram ride to Mt. Alyeska: The longest double black diamond ski slope in North America offers top-caliber views of glaciers, rainforests, and the jagged horizon of the Alaskan wilderness.
- Roundhouse Museum: Available for visit on select days, this mountainside museum features an outstanding panoramic viewing deck for truly memorable Alaskan views.
- Meals included: Your excursion makes a pit stop at the charming town of Girdwood, where you’ll enjoy a hearty lunch of bottomless soup, sourdough bread, beverages, and dessert.
- Bring the little ones: Tour is suitable for children of all ages.
About This Whittier Tour
Your journey from Whittier to Anchorage begins with a ride through the 2.5 mile-long Anton Anderson Memorial Tunnel, the longest one-way train and vehicle tunnel in North America.
Then, enjoy the picturesque drive through Portage Valley where you will see hanging glaciers and lovely alpine scenery. Next you'll visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, a preserve for rescued animals including eagles, bears, moose, elk, and more. You’ll get the chance to safely observe and photograph these elegant creatures in their natural habitat.
From there it’s on to lunch in the small mountain town of Girdwood, a resort enclave nestled in the shadow of Mount Alyeska. After refueling with hearty soups, bread, and dessert, board an aerial tram and climb over 2,700 feet with views of the Turnagain Arm, up to seven hanging glaciers, and endless peaks deep into the Chugach Mountain range.
Sure, you could take a normal car or bus trip from Seward to Anchorage, but in a state known for lush forests and majestic mountains, why waste a perfectly good adventure – especially when it’s already planned and arranged for you?
Our GoBe representative will meet you on the cruise pier. Make sure you specify the name of your cruise ship at check out.
Your tour includes luggage transport, so bring all your cruise luggage with you.
There are some great views seen along your drive. If taking pictures from the vehicle, turn your flash off, set your camera on manual focus, use the fastest shutter speed possible, and zoom as far as you can.
You must be able to step into and out of the mini coach without assistance and walk over relatively level surfaces with some steps.
Bus Tour, Scenic, Family Friendly, Wilderness/Wildlife
15-seat Mini Coach. Alaska Car Seat Laws apply: parents are responsible for properly restraining children according to Alaska Car Seat Laws.
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Suitable for all ages.
Non-refundable if canceled within 14 days of requested services.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.