Cairns Self-Guided Audio Tour 2 hrs.
- Esplanade Lagoon: Enjoy views of the mountainous rainforest surrounding Cairns as you stroll the boardwalk. Swim in the lagoon, light the barbie in the picnic area, or bring the kids to the famous Muddy's playground.
- Wildlife Dome: Walk through a man-made rainforest populated by cockatoos, parrots, koalas, crocs, turtles, and wallabies, all under a 66-foot-tall glass dome on the Reef Hotel Casino.
- Art, history, and more: Discover ancient aboriginal works at the Jungara Gallery; visit museums covering contemporary art, weapons, the Cairns-Kuranda Railway, and Queensland history.
- Just the beginning: Visit Cairns Tropical Zoo, Flecker Botanic Gardens, St. John Anglican Church, and Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park; learn how to identify fish and coral at "Reef Teach."
- Easy and inexpensive: Your confirmation email includes a one-time download link for an audio tour and corresponding numbered map. Just put on your headphones and hit play – each attraction is a separate track, so you set the pace.
Please make your way to the Esplanade Lagoon, located at 52-54 The Esplanade, Cairns City QLD 4870. Your audio tour begins here. Consult the downloadable map and listen to the audio for more detail.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. Dress for the weather with flat, comfortable shoes for walking and don’t forget your sunscreen and bottled water. Bring some local currency with you for snack or souvenir purchases. You may find it helpful to bring a small backpack along to carry any of your great buys.
This 2.5-mile audio city tour covers fairly flat to moderately inclined terrain, with paved/unpaved pathways and occasional steps. You can skip a particular tour stop very easily if you wish.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic
Audio Guide, Map
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
There is no age restriction; the audio tour may be more suitable for travelers 12 years and older.
This tour is non-refundable from the time of purchase, unless a validated technical error occurs.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.