Combination 4WD and Jet Ski Tour, with Lunch at Bloody Mary's
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
- 4X4 mountain exploration: Circle the island riding up to several mountain viewpoints where you'll enjoy breathtaking views of the Bora Bora lagoon and the many islets that surround it.
- World War II canons: During the war, Bora Bora was a supply base for the U.S. armed forces. To help defend the island, large artillery guns like you'll see were strategically placed on high ground.
- Guided jet ski tour: Zip around Bora Bora's gorgeous lagoon with an experienced guide who'll show great sights, like Mount Otemanu from the water, and tell you about this beautiful island.
- Motu stop: Take a break from zipping around the lagoon with a stop at one of the islets for a chance to go swimming, and watch a coconut grafting demonstration.
- Lunch at Bloody Mary's: Stop at Bora Bora's most iconic establishment, where you can enjoy everything from local dishes to a "Jimmy Buffet Cheeseburger," and see how many of the 230 celebrities on the wall you recognize.
- Roundtrip transportation: Hotel pick-up and drop-off from most local hotels is included; a small fee may apply at some locations.
About This Bora Bora Tour
Bora Bora is not a very big island. The road that circles it is about 18-20 miles long. But pound for pound, and inch for inch, Bora Bora is one of the most beautiful islands you'll ever set foot on and not just because of the obvious.
The obvious is that Bora Bora is in the tropics, with warm weather and water, sandy beaches and coconut trees. Another obvious is the famous lagoon that encloses the island and creates an exquisite collection of blues and greens. As is its reputation for being the "Romantic Island" and haven for honeymooning couples.
If you want to see an entirely different type of beauty, head to the mountains of Bora Bora. Explore roads accessible only by 4WD that take you to breathtaking views you don't see every day or anywhere.
In the interior of Bora Bora you'll find the island's inner beauty; born of nature, shaped by history, expressed in culture. There you'll discover Marae Aehautai’s open-air temples, taste the sweetness of fresh-picked fruits, and see powerful war canons overlooking stunningly peaceful panoramas.
Darn right Bora Bora's beautiful. It's beautiful from a distance, and beautiful from up close. It's beautiful down on the coast, and up on the mountains. It's the kind of beauty you never grow tired of. And the more of it you see, the more beautiful it gets.
Reaching great heights in Bora Bora
Everything about Bora Bora is a high. But if you really want to go for it, take a trip to the top of Mount Otemanu. At 2,400 feet in elevation, that's nearly half a mile straight up! It's like a lush, green monument that watches over the island. You can get there by 4x4, or the old-fashioned way, hiking. And while you can't climb to the very top because of loose rocks, you'll be high enough to enjoy a different view of the world.
We pick up and drop off at any of these locations: All hotels and pensions except Opeha or from Fare Vai Nui (extra charge). Tell us your preferred location at checkout to confirm. Look for our representative with the tour's name on a sign.
Be careful not to touch or step on the coral reef, and avoid touch any underwater animals for safety and environmental reasons. Wildlife sightings are likely but never guaranteed.
Itinerary and order of the visited sites may change without prior notice according to weather conditions or other circumstances.
This tour involves a moderate amount of walking, some of which is over gravel, sand and dirt paths that can be kind of natural. The nature of the terrain makes it unsuited to travelers with limited mobility and those who use a wheelchair.
Adventure, Wilderness/Wildlife, Beach, Water Sports
12-seat covered speed boat
Refreshments during the tour
Snorkeling gear (mask & snorkel only)
Lunch of Local Fare with drinks (1 welcome drink, water, fruit juice)
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for travelers 3 years of age and older.
Special Medical Restriction
All travelers must be able to swim and maneuver in and out of the boat. If you have knee or hip problems, have recently suffered an injury, or you are pregnant, this may be a challenge for you.
Any swimming is at each participant's own risk.
Non-refundable if canceled within 7 days of requested services.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.