Morning Sailing on the Lagoon by Catamaran
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
- Sail the lagoon: Bora Bora's lagoon has attracted couples, inspired artists, and impressed even the most discerning travelers with its unspoiled beauty. See that beauty up close, as well as majestic island landscapes from the water.
- Sail on a racing catamaran that was converted to offer the comfort of sunbeds and sound system. When the engine turns off, the music turns on. Lie on the safety net and watch stingrays and eagle rays in the water.
- Floating bar: Step into the warm, shallow waters of a picturesque bay, as your hostess, from her floating bar, serves you a variety of refreshments and snacks, including champagne, rum punch, beer, soft drinks, and fresh fruits.
- Eight is enough: Share your experience with only seven other passengers, so there's plenty of space to relax everywhere; enjoy the luxury of deeper interaction with your guide.
- Roundtrip transportation: Hotel pick-up and drop-off from most local hotels is included; a small fee may apply at some locations.
About This Bora Bora Tour
James Michener created the mythical island of Bali Hai while he was stationed in Vanuatu during World War II. When he first saw Moorea, he said it was what he had envisioned when he imagined Bali Hai. Then he came to Bora Bora.
Michener took one look at Bora Bora and called it the " Bali Hai of the spirit." He said Bali Hai represented the perfect island, and that Bora Bora "couldn't be more perfect."
Now, you get to explore this island's legendary natural beauty while sailing on the lagoon on a wonderful catamaran relaxing on a comfortable sunbed, feeling the wind caress your face, and listening to the music coming from the sound system onboard.
Or perhaps you'd rather lie on the safety net that connects the two hulls and marvel at the variety of colorful fish and rays you can see in the crystal clear water below you, as the catamaran makes its way along the lagoon.
With magical, 2,385-foot Mount Otemanu watching over you, the skipper will pilot Vitamin Sea into the shallow waters of a breathtaking bay. There, you can go for a swim while snacks and refreshments are served from a floating bar decorated with coconuts and flowers.
And by the time tour ends you'll likely be in total agreement with James Michener. Bora Bora couldn't be more perfect.
Call me by my real name
The island of Bora Bora is famous around the world even though the name is incorrect. The true name is Pora Pora, but the early Europeans misunderstood the "p" sound for a "b". It may be hard to re-educate the world as to the correct pronunciation, but it would be worth it. Pora Pora roughly means "first son," which implies that, after Raiatea, this may have been the most important island in Polynesian culture.
We pick up and drop off at any of these locations: Pontoon of all hotels, Pension Village Temanuata Village & Rohotu Lodge. You must tell us your preferred location at checkout to confirm. Look for our rep/the boat with the tour's name on a sign.
Vanilla, pearls and other products are available for purchase.
Itinerary and order of the visited sites may change without prior notice according to weather conditions or other circumstances.
Expect a minimal amount of walking some of which is over gravel, sand and dirt paths. The nature of the terrain makes it unsuited to travelers who use a wheelchair.
Adventure, Wilderness/Wildlife, Scenic
4-Wheel Drive Vehicle
Fruits sampling and water
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Suitable for travelers 5 years of age and older.
Non-refundable if canceled within 7 days of requested services.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.