Poe's Cultural Immersion Tour of Huahine
Huahine, French Polynesia
- Maeva: Poe tells you about the many open-air temples (marae) that have been found in this former royal village, including the legendary Marae Manunu and the marae on Mata'ire'a Hill.
- Fare: Explore the main village of Huahine, walking along the popular pier to take in picturesque views of the islands of Raiatea, Bora Bora, and Tahaa in the distance.
- Pearl farm: Take a two-minute boat ride to visit a black pearl farm built on stilts over the water; learn how Tahitian black pearls are grafted and harvested.
- Faie: This small, quaint village is home to blue-eyed eels that are sacred in traditional Polynesian culture. From here, you can take the steep trail up to the Belvedere lookout.
- Vanilla plantation: Enjoy the wonderful scent of vanilla in the air as you learn about the cultivation, harvesting, and processing of vine orchids that produce vanilla pods.
- Roundtrip transportation: Hotel pick-up and drop-off from local hotels is included.
About This Huahine Tour
There's something different about Huahine. Not just the lack of development that helps the island retain its alluring authenticity. Nor its silhouette from a distance, which resembles a reclining pregnant woman, and gave life to fertility legends. The greens look greener here. More vibrant. More intense. Two islands that together form an immense and unspoiled tropical jungle: Tahiti as it was.
Huahine is a paradise for fruit – coconut, banana, pineapple, watermelon, guava, mango, and more, with the scent of vanilla filling the air. The fruit itself seems more intense: sweeter, juicier, tastier.
And there's something different about this tour: Poe, your guide. Let her show you how Huahine is unlike other islands. Let her show you the places inhabited by island royalty, and explain why they chose Huahine.
Let Poe fill your head with colorful legends and myths, show you treasures and secrets, and give you a taste of that amazing fruit. If you give yourself to the experience, you'll understand why so many refer to Huahine as Polynesia's Garden of Eden.
We pick up and drop off at all local hotels and pensions on the island. Please confirm your location at checkout.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. Dress for the weather with flat, comfortable shoes for walking and don’t forget your sunscreen and bottled water.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. Dress for the weather with flat, comfortable shoes for walking and don’t forget your sunscreen and bottled water.The vanilla plantation has local products for sale; the pearl farm offers locally-made jewelry and pearls, available for purchase.
Expect a moderate amount walking at each of the sites, over unpaved and uneven surfaces. This tour is not wheelchair accessible. If your mobility is limited, this tour may be a challenge for you to enjoy while maintaining the pace of the group.
Cultural, Wilderness/Wildlife, Scenic
Air-conditioned Ford Everest or Ford F150 (no air-conditioning) according to number of passengers. Baby seat available upon request.
Guide, Water, Fresh Fruit Sampling
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for travelers 3 years of age and older.
Non-refundable if canceled within 7 days of requested services.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.