Small Group Lagoon Tour and Shark Adventure, with Lunch
Moorea, French Polynesia
- Swimming with the sharks: Get in the water with a group of blacktip sharks and stingrays. Swim with them. Get close to them. Make sure someone takes pictures.
- Coral garden: Don a complimentary snorkel and mask and discover the beautiful coral garden and breathtaking world beneath the surface with its multi-color fish, clams, octopus, and more.
- Limited group: A smaller number of participants means more room and comfort for you on the canoe, and more personal attention for the entire time on the tour.
- Cook's Bay: Cruise into the finger-shaped bay, and discover the island's rugged landscaping from the lagoon. The mountain shaped like a shark's tooth is Mount Mauaroa, Moorea's trademark mountain.
- Polynesian lunch: Enjoy a magnificently prepared traditional lunch while you sit at a shady table on the shore of the lagoon, so you can keep your feet in the water while you savor your meal. Mineral water and fruits are available during the tour.
- Roundtrip transportation: Hotel pick-up and drop-off from most local hotels is included; a small fee may apply at some locations.
About This Moorea Tour
Blacktip sharks are known to be timid and basically, wary of humans. The ones that you'll be going for a swim with have become more accustomed to people swimming around with them. But make no mistake, you're still in the water with a shark.
The average blacktip shark grows to about five feet in length, which is far less intimidating than other shark species that can reach 15-20 feet, like the great white. But blacktips are solidly built and powerful for their size. So you need to be cautious in how you behave around them.
These sharks won't mind you being in the water with them. They may get close enough to you for you to touch them. Just don't make any sudden or threatening moves. And if they are feeding, it's best if you maintained a safe distance. Once they start chewing they'll snap at anything they think is food.
So follow the safety guidelines and don't do anything you shouldn’t do. You'll have a thrill you can brag about.
Happy as a clam
Snorkeling the crystal clear waters of the Moorea lagoon you'll discover an underwater paradise of coral reefs and an amazing variety of fish living happily there. Look closer and you're likely to see clams as well. But while the reef is peaceful and bountiful, the expression happy as a clam has nothing to do with clams in a coral reef. It's about clams at high tide, when it's harder to get at them. Which is why the full expression is "happy as a clam in high water."
We pick up/drop off at: Sofitel, Manava Beach (ex Pearl), Hilton, InterContinental, Les Tipaniers, Hibiscus, Kaveka, Fenua Mata'i'oa, Green Ldg, Fare Vaihere, Te Fare Mihi, Fare Miti, Linareva, Village Temanoha, Moorea Bch Ldg. Please confirm at checkout.
Be careful not to touch or step on the coral reef, and avoid touch any underwater animals for safety and environmental reasons. Wildlife sightings are likely but never guaranteed.
Itinerary and order of the visited sites may change without prior notice according to weather conditions or other circumstances.
To fully participate in these water activities, you must know how to swim, be comfortable in the water, and able to cope with occasional currents. This tour is not suitable for travelers with limited mobility or those who utilize a wheelchair.
Adventure, Wilderness/Wildlife, Beach, Water Sports
Motorized outrigger canoe
Guide, trip transfers to/from tour starting point by minibus or boat, Masks and snorkels, mineral water & fruits available on the boat, Picnic Lunch
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated moderate. Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
Suitable for travelers 3 years of age and older.
Special Medical Restriction
All travelers must be able to swim and maneuver in and out of the boat. If you have knee or hip problems, have recently suffered an injury, or you are pregnant, this may be a challenge for you.
Any swimming is at each participant's own risk.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.