Mount Maunganui Self-Guided Audio Tour
Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
- The volcano: The mountain that gave the town its name is now called by its official Maori name – Mauao. Follow the map to see where to climb to the 760-foot summit.
- Hot Saltwater Pools: This mini-waterpark at the top of the mountain lets you soak and after your climb in pools of different temperatures, with one reserved just for kids.
- Beaches: The city's white-sand main beach, at the foot of Mauao, is consistently voted one of the best in New Zealand. Visit the Pilot Bay area to see more.
- Just the beginning: Your tour covers Mount Drury Reserve, with its historic Maori burial caves; the Bayfair Mall, with 100+ retailers; the Surf Museum; Mount Mainstreet, lined with palm trees, designer boutiques, salons, cafes, and more.
- Easy and inexpensive: Your confirmation email includes a one-time download link for an audio tour and corresponding numbered map. Just put on your headphones and hit play – each attraction is a separate track, so you set the pace.
Please make your way to the Mount Maunganui I-Site. Your audio tour begins here. Consult the downloadable map and listen to the audio for more detail.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. Dress for the weather with flat, comfortable shoes for walking and don’t forget your sunscreen and bottled water.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. Dress for the weather with flat, comfortable shoes for walking and don’t forget your sunscreen and bottled water.Be sure to bring spending money; venue entrance fees are not included.
This 3.75 mile audio city tour covers mostly flat to moderate incline terrain with occasional steps that are optional as a decision may be made to skip a particular tour stop very easily.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic
Audio Guide, Map
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
There is no age restriction; the audio tour may be more suitable for travelers 12 years and older.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.