Taupo Self-Guided Audio Tour
Taupo, New Zealand
- Taupo Lake: Big, blue, and cradled by mountains, this 238-square-mile lake and its harbor are the fast-beating heart of Taupo, with all kinds of watersports available.
- Skydiving: Taupo is New Zealand's skydiving mecca, with several companies ready to make jumping out of a plane at 15,000 feet seem sensible. The scenery makes the experience even more incredible.
- Taupo Museum: History, nature, and art come together in exhibits covering everything from Maori culture to local marine life to modern paintings, sculpture, and photography. There's also a nationally acclaimed garden and a children's area.
- More to see and do: See the historic courthouse and harbormaster's building, visit the John Williamson Rose Garden and Settlers' Cemetery, follow the Waikato River north to Taupo Bungy and Huka Falls, gushing at 58,000 gallons a second.
- Easy and inexpensive: Your confirmation email includes a one-time download link for an audio tour and corresponding numbered map. Just put on your headphones and hit play – each attraction is a separate track, so you set the pace.
Please make your way to the Taupo I-Site. Your audio tour begins here. Consult the downloadable map and listen to the audio for more detail.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. Dress for the weather with flat, comfortable shoes for walking and don’t forget your sunscreen and bottled water.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. Dress for the weather with flat, comfortable shoes for walking and don’t forget your sunscreen and bottled water.Be sure to bring spending money; venue entrance fees are not included.
This 2 mile audio city tour covers mostly flat to moderate incline terrain with occasional steps that are optional as a decision may be made to skip a particular tour stop very easily.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic
Audio Guide, Map
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
There is no age restriction; the audio tour may be more suitable for travelers 12 years and older.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.