Tauranga Self-Guided Audio Tour
Tauranga, New Zealand
- The harbor: Roam the hub of town life for the cafes, nightclubs, shops, and historic buildings of the Strand, and for everything from parasailing to fishing and kayaking to windsurfing and parasailing.
- Elms Mission Museum: This quaint wooden family home and its beautiful gardens preserve life as it was for the missionaries who arrived in the mid-19th-century to work with often-quarreling Maori tribes in dangerous conditions.
- Monmouth Redoubt: British troops attacked this Maori defensive position (called a pa) in 1864, in what is now known as the Battle of Gate Pa. It was a major turning point in New Zealand history.
- Tauranga Art Gallery: This airy, contemporary exhibition space opened in 2007 and quickly became one of New Zealand's newest foremost galleries for modern works by national and international artists.
- More to see: Visit McLaren Falls, Kaimai Mamaku Forest Park, the historic Old Post Office, and Robbins Park, with its memorial trees and rose gardens overlooking the railway, harbor, and Mount Mauao.
- Easy and inexpensive: Your confirmation email includes a one-time download link for an audio tour and corresponding numbered map. Just put on your headphones and hit play – each attraction is a separate track, so you set the pace.
Please make your way to the Tauranga I-Site. Your audio tour begins here. Consult the downloadable map and listen to the audio for more detail.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. Dress for the weather with flat, comfortable shoes for walking and don’t forget your sunscreen and bottled water.
As in many cities, keep your wallet or purse secured and leave the bling behind. Dress for the weather with flat, comfortable shoes for walking and don’t forget your sunscreen and bottled water.Be sure to bring spending money; venue entrance fees are not included.
This 1.5 mile audio city tour covers mostly flat to moderate incline terrain with occasional steps that are optional as a decision may be made to skip a particular tour stop very easily.
Walking Tour, Cultural, Scenic
Audio Guide, Map
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
There is no age restriction; the audio tour may be more suitable for travelers 12 years and older.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.