Private Guided Tour: See Cartagena Your Way
- Your personal GoBe guide: Count on a certified and friendly English-speaking guide to create a tour and entertaining commentary about sights you want to see.
- GoBe can help plan: See the top landmarks of this UNESCO-listed town, like the iconic Torre del Reloj (clock tower), the Cathedral of Cartagena, and other magnificent churches. Hear about the heritage of Plaza de la Aduana, where a statue of Christopher Columbus stands watch, and be wowed by Castillo San Felipe de Barajas, the largest fortress ever built by the Spanish in their colonies.
- Skip the lines: You get into museums and galleries quickly as we speed you to the front of the queue at the Palace of the Inquisition (yes, there are gruesome exhibits but also art and cultural displays). Admire masterworks at the Museum of Modern Art and see all that glitters in the Museo del Oro Zenu (gold and pottery in a Baroque mansion).
- The inside scoop: The historic Las Bovedas (The Vaults), once used as dungeons, are now the spot to browse for art and authentic Columbian crafts.
- Your schedule, rendezvous to toodle-oo: Choose the time of day and length of your tour. Meet up when it's convenient for you. And you set the pace that works for your group.
- Your way: Combine Cartagena's urban beauty with a relaxed Caribbean escape. With just 48 hours' notice, GoBe can arrange for a car, van, or mini-bus for your group. Swim at gorgeous Playa Blanca beach, snorkel nearby coral reefs, or sink into a mud bath at the Totumo Volcano.
- No headsets, no hassles – just you with your own GoBe guide. Now you can Keep Calm and Tour On.
Arriving by cruise ship? Our GoBe rep. will meet you outside the cruise terminal. Staying in a hotel? Your guide will be in the lobby. Make sure you specify the name of your cruise ship or hotel at check out. At the meeting time, look for our logo sign.
Cartagena is generally hot and humid, so dress accordingly and wear sunscreen and bring water. The rainy seasons are in April and May and in October and November. Bring some local currency for any food or souvenir purchases. Your local guide can make some recommendations. Have some specific ideas in mind or just want a general overview of the city? Let us know in Additional Requests at check out. Discuss your wishes for the day's itinerary with your guide. Or let your guide make recommendations. Then set out and explore.
Cartagena's Old City is about 2.5 miles from the port. Expect cobblestones, uneven surfaces with some steps that can be challenging if mobility is limited. Bring a companion to offer any assistance if your mobility is limited or you use a wheelchair.
Private Tour, Walking Tour, Luxury, Family Friendly
Tour Participation Requirements
This experience is rated mild. To participate fully, you may be required to walk over primarily even surfaces at a leisurely pace. You may encounter a limited number of steps, cobblestones, or uneven surfaces, and you may have to stand for extended periods of time.
Full refunds issued for cancellations made 7 full days prior to the date and time of requested services. Cancellations made within the 7-day and 72-hour window will receive a 50% refund of purchase total. Purchases are non-refundable inside of 72 hours.
100 countries, 915 cities… limitless possibilities
All our tours are offered by expert local guides & operators
Head off the beaten path with our unique tours & activities
You can rely on our team of travel industry experts
Your order is subject to TourTrek's Booking Ticket Agreement, including all TourTrek and GoBe policies incorporated therein.
Have you been on this experience?
Write a Review
Fields marked are required.
Please enter your review.